After several years of medical gaslighting, health & fitness shaming, and frustration with my body; I finally have all of my medical conditions diagnosed. I’m raising awareness about these conditions because even though some symptoms were very visible, they were missed by all my doctors. Fitness instructors saw my symptoms and witnessed my limitations, but didn’t understand them, and I was pushed until injury. I’ve been through many years of feeling like I’m not enough, because of my physical limitations and my body not responding appropriately to diet and exercise.
Food is the #1 factor in managing my diseases. However, the diet advice that has been programmed into me my entire life, has been wrong. I’m sharing my story about how I poisoned myself eating a “healthy” diet.
I was doing everything right, or so I thought, and my health flew into a downward spiral. I didn’t recognize my body and eventually I lost my mobility. As a mom of 3 kids, married to a wonderful husband, this left feeling like I didn’t deserve them.
I finally found the right path to healing and it’s the opposite of what we’ve been taught. When I say heal, I’m not referring to curing these diseases, but managing them. If I don’t follow my diet, I can’t function at all. The pain is so intense that I can’t do anything. I just want to curl up in a ball and cry. I’ve done my best managing the pain flares not knowing what the triggers were. It wasn’t just the pain, it was also insomnia or poor sleep, brain fog, anxiety, depression, digestive problems, and more.
It was a really long road getting here and I’m sharing my story so others like me can find help, faster. I don’t want you to suffer like I did. I don’t want you to think that just because you get diagnosed with a disease, that you now own that label and you are that disease. You can manage and regain some of your life back, just like I did, and I’ve done it without medication.
These are the topics I will start with.
Lipedema Healing Journey
- Lipedema History & Diagnoses
- Healing Lipedema
- Future Surgery
Living with EDS
- Years of symptoms
- How I found out about it
- How I was diagnosed
- How I’m managing – what helps.
- What is it?
- Saran gas, pesticides & herbicides
- Glycoalkaloids – Nightshade Sensitivity
- Drug sensitivities
- Involved in ghrelin & fat accumulation
- Risk of death higher when it’s low with covid, certain cancers, sepsis
My Healing Diet
- What are nightshades?
- Why you should avoid nightshades
- Why you should avoid nightshades in pregnancy
- What is oxalate poisoning?
- My symptoms of oxalate poisoning
- Clearing / Dumping Oxalates
- Low Oxalate Diet
- Carnivore Diet
- NAET Treatments for Allergies, Intolerances, & MCAS.
Healing Trauma & Chronic Pain
On my journey I’ve met several therapists that have helped me with my chronic pain. Some things helped more than others. I’ve also realized the importance of healing from trauma. I’ll be writing about these therapies and how they’ve helped me heal.
- Andrea – My Energy Surgeon / Soul Mechanics Healing
- Bethany – Rossiter Stretching Technique / Boundless Body
- Rachel – Osteopathic Manual Therapy
- Alexa – Massage
- Aspire Health & Wellness – NAET, PRP, Ozone
- What didn’t work